Whether a student rides back and forth to school daily or rides the school bus on an occasional field trip, it is important to know the bus safety rules. Parents and students should review these rules together for a safe ride. Failure to obey the bus rules will result in a referral to the building principal. Disciplinary action may take the form of loss of transportation privileges.
1. Pupils must arrive at the bus stop before the bus is scheduled to arrive (5 minutes early).
2. Pupils must wait in a location clear of traffic and away from the bus stop. Driver's designated place of safety. When students get on and off the bus and must cross the street, the driver wi/! give the crossing signal by slowly dropping their hand straight down when its's safe to cross. Students should a/ways check traffic on their own before crossing. If the driver blow their horn that means danger? Check traffic again to look for danger. Look back at your driver for further instructions.
3. Behavior at the school bus stop must not threaten life, limb, and property of any individual.
4. Pupils must go directly to assigned/jump seat so the bus may safely resume motion.
5. Pupils must remain seated keeping aisles and exits clear. No standing, turning around or leaving their seat while the bus is in motion.
6. Pupils must observe classroom conduct, obey the driver promptly and treat the driver and all other students respectfully. No yelling, whistling, singing or otherwise distract the bus driver.
7. Pupils must not use abusive, derogatory, or profane language.
8. Pupils must refrain from eating, drinking, and chewing gum on the bus.
9. Pupils must not use tobacco at all school facilities including the bus.
10. Pupils must not throw or pass objects that can be held in the laps. No litter or tampering with bus equipment.
11. Pupils may carryon the bus only objects that can be held in their laps. Do not bring large school projects or pets on the bus.
12. Pupils must leave or board the bus at a location to which they have been assigned, unless they have parental administrative authorization to do otherwise.
13. Guests may ride only in emergency situations and then only after receiving permission from the building principal/transportation department.
14. Weapons "of any nature" are not to be brought to any school building/bus or function.
15. Pupils must not put head or arms out of the windows.
16. All electronic devices have to have headphones to listen/use on the bus. Headphones need to be removed from ears when loading/unloading the bus.
17. Silence is required at all railroad tracks.