Due to the continued concerns surrounding the spread of COVID-19, here is an update on events that were scheduled for October.
1. Grandparents Day - October 21 (This event is currently postponed)
2. Open House - October 12 (This event is currently postponed. Parent/Teacher conference sign up information will be sent to you through Final Forms by your child's homeroom teacher. We will still hold parent/teacher conferences in November as planned. Parents will have the option to attend in-person or virtually)
3. Community Halloween Party - October 31 (A decision will be made as we get closer to this event. This is an event that is sponsored by the Milan Rotary. More information regarding this event will be sent out as we get closer to the date)
4. Donuts with Dad - November 5 (If the mask mandate is lifted we will have this event)
5. P/T Conferences - November 8/10 (We will have conferences. Parents will have the option to attend in-person or virtually or phone conference. Sign up sheet will be sent out through Final Forms at a later date - since we don't have Open House where they usually sign up.)
6. Veterans Day Assembly - November 11 (If the mask mandate is lifted we will have this event. If the mask mandate is not lifted we will look at other options for hosting this event. This event will not be canceled unless absolutely necessary.)
HELP WANTED: Edison Elementary is looking for individuals who would be interested in working as a substitute paraprofessional. Our paraprofessionals are very important to us as they work closely with the staff and students on a daily basis. If you think you may be interested in hearing more about these positions you can contact Mr. Hermes at [email protected] or 419-499-3000 ext. 1102. Please view the attachments below regarding the Educational Aide permit and background check. I appreciate your consideration!
Welcome to new staff members at Edison Elementary!!
Mrs. Lark - Preschool
Mrs. Bodie - Kindergarten
Mrs. Griffith - 2nd Grade Title 1
Miss Moore - 3rd grade Title 1
Mrs. Watt - 3rd Grade Para - Pro
Mrs. Schlessman - 2nd grade Para-pro
Mrs. Higgins - 2nd grade Para-pro
Mrs. Gundlach - 3rd grade Para-pro
Mrs. Parker - Elementary Spanish
Mrs. Schwinn - Literacy Coach
Mr. Enzor - custodian
Mr. Pretto - head custodian
Welcome to the Edison Elementary School family!
August 2021 -- I hope everyone's children had a great first week of school! Things went very well inside the building this week other than it was hot! Hopefully the weather cools down as Fall approaches. Now that we have completed our first week of classes I just wanted to send out a couple reminders:
1. Starting next week parents of Pre K, 1, 2, and 3 graders will no longer be able to walk students to class. Parents of Kindergarten students may walk their child to class next week due to it being the first full week of classes for them. We appreciate your cooperation with this as we ensure the safety of our students and staff.
2. Please be patient with school transportation. As you know we have a lot of road construction going on in our district so the buses may be running a little behind schedule.
3. Please check your email regularly as we will use Final Forms for the majority of our communication this year. If you have not logged into your account and updated your forms, please do so as soon as possible.
Have a great weekend!!