The PARCC assessment will allow parents to engage in their child’s education. It’s sometimes difficult for parents to measure whether or not their child is learning what they need to know to succeed in the future. The new assessments will provide parents with more information about how their child is progressing in school.
These new assessments will replace outdated and ineffective tests with new tests that measure real world skills that colleges and employers say they value – like critical thinking and problem solving.
· PARCC FAQs: See frequently asked questions about the PARCC assessment.
· PARCC Fact Sheet: Learn more about the PARCC assessment.
· PARCC Glossary: Learn the terms used to talk about the PARCC assessment.
· PARCC Overview PowerPoint: An overview of the PARCC assessment, including a description of why the new assessments ensure our students are prepared for college and their careers.
· A New Vision of Assessment PPT: Learn how PARCC is different from current assessments. (Document version).
· Expanding Access — A Parent's Guide: Learn why the PARCC assessment accommodates all students.
· PARCC Practice Tests - English language arts, Mathematics